- Gather all the seeds and have the children dig through them (after washing hands, of course) to pick off the pulpy bits.
- Put the seeds in a colander and let the children take turns stirring the seeds up in a sink of running water to wash the seeds.
- Spread the seeds on a towel and roll it up, squeezing out any excess moisture.
- Spread the seeds on a cookie sheet sprayed with a little bit of cooking spray (if desired).
- Place in a 350 degree F oven until toasty.
- Salt if desired.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Roasting Pumpkin Seeds
Roasting pumpkin seeds is a fun activity after carving a pumpkin. Not only do you get to have a nutritious snack, you get to talk about using the seeds and not being wasteful.